Tuesday 20 February 2007

Dog

We have had a break through here, Abi is talking! It might not be verbal communications but she has mastered baby sign, or rather one baby sign and that sign is DOG. Considering that we don't have a dog I think this is especially amazing. It is such a good feeling to realize that your child is in fact learning and putting things together. In fact such a good feeling that we have spent most of the morning and a good part of the afternoon making the dog sign and pointing to her rolling dog that her Auntie and Uncle gave her for Christmas (seen here)I'm sure it is only a matter of time until she tires of entertaining me in this way but until then we will keep pointing and panting (the baby sign for dog is panting like a dog-makes sense sort of but it does make you look a little foolish in public). I have gotten some video as proof but have no idea how to post it so my webmaster will have to take care of it when he gets home.


She has also started expressing her wants, mostly through pointing, and expressing her displeasure when those wants aren't met. I took this picture morning when I would let her have the pencil she wanted. Is it wrong that I laugh whenever she has a temper tantrum?

1 comment:

Jess Thomson said...

I especially like the movie star nonchalant "I did it" shoulder shrug there at the end.